This profile chronicles McDonald’s rise over 40 years, its sudden descent in the early 1990s, and then its return in the early 2000s. Students are encouraged to think about what happened, why, and the lessons that can be learned.
McDonald’s: Profile on Its Rise, Descent, and Return
by: Scott Moore
Click on any button below to view the available document.
Make sure you are registered and/or logged in to our site to view product documents. Once registered & approved, faculty, staff, & course aggregators will have access to full inspection copies and teaching notes for any of our materials.
If you need to make copies, you MUST purchase the corresponding number of permissions, and you must own a single copy of the product.
Electronic Downloads are available immediately after purchase. "Quantity" reflects the number of copies you intend to use. Unauthorized distribution of these files is prohibited pursuant to term of use of this website.
This product has a teaching note available. Available only to Registered Educators. Please login to view it.
After reading and discussing the material, students should:
- Understand how a company, even one with a long history, can reinvent itself.
- Recognize how one person can dramatically improve a company.
- Evaluate how a company’s performance can be reflected in a variety of financial ratios.
- Understand that a company can overcome a negative operating environment with an appropriate strategy.
- Understand that sometimes a CEO needs to make changes in order for the company to succeed, and other times the CEO needs to simply follow the strategy already in place.