This conceptual note gives students a brief overview of the emerging field of nation, or country, branding. Nation branding, a term coined in the late 20th century, is an approach that is being increasingly used to promote countries for tourism, investment, and political goals. The note takes students step by step through the process of creating a nation brand, and addresses some of the common challenges with implementing a nation branding strategy. This note can be used alongside numerous other cases regarding national identity. It was written in connection with Branding Israel case study, which is also available through WDI Publishing.
Note on Nation Branding
by: Rajeev Batra
Click on any button below to view the available document.
Make sure you are registered and/or logged in to our site to view product documents. Once registered & approved, faculty, staff, & course aggregators will have access to full inspection copies and teaching notes for any of our materials.
If you need to make copies, you MUST purchase the corresponding number of permissions, and you must own a single copy of the product.
Electronic Downloads are available immediately after purchase. "Quantity" reflects the number of copies you intend to use. Unauthorized distribution of these files is prohibited pursuant to term of use of this website.
This product does not have a teaching note.
After reading and discussing the material, students should:
- describe appropriate business terms and principles approriate to this case,
- apply critical concepts from earlier learning to define a solution to the case,
- successfully articulate data and information in support of the solution proposed,
- critically analyze and discuss other responses and solutions to the case,
- draw lessons from the case analysis,
- generalize the learnings of this case to other business challenges and decisions in organizations other than the one analyzed in this case study,
- demonstrate leadership and scholarship in analysis.