Globalization has significantly changed the environment for doing business. However, despite the decreasing importance of borders, individuals and communities are increasingly embracing their distinctive and unique cultures. This note gives students the baseline for developing cultural intelligence. It presents the forces that are changing the meaning and importance of culture in business, and describes leading cultural theories that are relevant for managers. It is a key piece for any world economy or international business course.
Note on Strategies and Tools for Developing Cultural Intelligence: Bridging in a Globalizing World
Click on any button below to view the available document.
Make sure you are registered and/or logged in to our site to view product documents. Once registered & approved, faculty, staff, & course aggregators will have access to full inspection copies and teaching notes for any of our materials.
If you need to make copies, you MUST purchase the corresponding number of permissions, and you must own a single copy of the product.
Electronic Downloads are available immediately after purchase. "Quantity" reflects the number of copies you intend to use. Unauthorized distribution of these files is prohibited pursuant to term of use of this website.
This product does not have a teaching note.
After reading and discussing the material, students should:
- describe appropriate business terms and principles approriate to this case,
- apply critical concepts from earlier learning to define a solution to the case,
- discuss a baseline for developing cultural intelligence,
- identify the forces that are changing the meaning and importance of culture in business,
- describe leading cultural theories that are relevant for managers.