Subit Singh, export manager of Woodmaster, wants to enter the American market with a combination woodworking machine. The machines have been hugely successful on the European market. He wants to bring the machines to market at $2,995, a loss leader position. He thinks he can position the machine with a slogan of European Quality at Asian Prices or maybe Professional Quality at Hobbyist Prices.
Woodmaster: Developing a Distribution Channel
by: John Branch
Click on any button below to view the available document.
Make sure you are registered and/or logged in to our site to view product documents. Once registered & approved, faculty, staff, & course aggregators will have access to full inspection copies and teaching notes for any of our materials.
If you need to make copies, you MUST purchase the corresponding number of permissions, and you must own a single copy of the product.
Electronic Downloads are available immediately after purchase. "Quantity" reflects the number of copies you intend to use. Unauthorized distribution of these files is prohibited pursuant to term of use of this website.
This product has a teaching note available. Available only to Registered Educators. Please login to view it.
After reading and discussing the material, students should:
- Apply critical concepts to define a solution to the case.
- Critically analyze and discuss other responses and solutions to the case.
- Draw lessons from the case analysis.
- Generalize the case's teachings to other business challenges and decisions in organizations other than the one analyzed in this case study.
- Demonstrate leadership and scholarship in analysis.