George F. Halow
Professor of Practice, Aerospace Engineering; University of Michigan
George F. Halow has been a Professor of Practice in Aerospace Engineering since May 1, 2019 after a distinguished career as an executive at Ford Motor Company. At Ford, he held numerous positions in engineering, manufacturing, and strategy and was the Chief Program Engineer of Expedition, Navigator, Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, Town Car, and Ranger at various points in his career.
At the University of Michigan, he created an Introduction to the Aerospace Enterprise course for primarily freshmen and sophomores, covering the aerospace industry, leadership, culture, and communication, and careers in aerospace. He is launching an all-new Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and systems engineering leadership course series starting in fall, 2022. The course series, which is unprecedented at the undergraduate level, has garnered strong corporate interest, and corporate donations have enabled the build of an MBSE Leadership Lab for the courses and student project team collaboration. He is also the Program Director of a new online Master of Engineering in Aerospace Leadership degree program which is launching in January, 2023.
George is co-author of US (US6745151 B2) and German (DE10319493 A1) Patents for on-vehicle data acquisition buffering, remote transmission, and analysis (2004).
- 2021 Aerospace Engineering Department Outstanding Performance Award
- 2020 Sigma Gamma Tau Silver Shaft Top Teaching Award
- 2020 Aerospace Engineering Department Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Impact Award
- Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Systems Engineering Leadership
- Leadership & Professionalism in Engineering
- Engineering and Business Ethics
- Socially- and Environmentally-Responsible Engineering
- Diversity, Empathy, and Inclusion
George F. Halow has 1 products available, viewing 1-1.
Ethics and Integrity in Business: Navigating Ethical Risks and Transgressions in the Workplace
In this set of six cases, students are placed into the role of the fictional Andrea Johnson, a recent graduate who has just begun her career at a mid-sized organization…
Publication Date: 09/22/2017 Product ID: 2-199-717