This case is a follow-on to the case, “Acumen Fund: Valuing a Social Venture” (#1428788). In this case, Acumen Fund, a social venture capital fund, is performing a due diligence on Ziqitza Healthcare Limited (ZHL), a for-profit ambulance company in India. The case involves assessing ZHL’s business model, calculating firm value, and drafting an initial term sheet. This case modifies some of the assumptions in the original case and challenges students to use real options to value the ambulance venture. The original case is needed to understand this case.
Acumen Fund: Valuing a Social Venture (B)
by: Gautam Kaul
Click on any button below to view the available document.
Make sure you are registered and/or logged in to our site to view product documents. Once registered & approved, faculty, staff, & course aggregators will have access to full inspection copies and teaching notes for any of our materials.
If you need to make copies, you MUST purchase the corresponding number of permissions, and you must own a single copy of the product.
Electronic Downloads are available immediately after purchase. "Quantity" reflects the number of copies you intend to use. Unauthorized distribution of these files is prohibited pursuant to term of use of this website.
This product does not have a teaching note.
After reading and discussing the material, students should:
- describe appropriate business terms and principles appropriate to this case,
- apply critical concepts to define a solution to the case,
- successfully articulate data and information in support of the solution proposed,
- critically analyze and discuss other responses and solutions to the case,
- draw lessons from the case analysis,
- generalize what is learned from this case to other business challenges and decisions in organizations other than the one analyzed in this case study,
- demonstrate leadership and scholarship in analysis.